Job Title: Software Engineer
Experience: 4yrs to 8Yrs
Job Location: Bangalore
Education: B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject – or equivalent work experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working within our agile development team and be involved throughout the software development lifecycle. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the team including the creation and elaboration of business requirements, functional/design specifications, development and maintenance of our software and driving innovation into our product suite.
- Work as part of multicultural, cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM) team. Ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Supporting the technical design process by participating in the analysis of technical application requirements and implementing the technical infrastructure.
- Assisting in the integration of technical and application components.
- Coding and testing program modules; assisting in design.
- Maintaining, tuning and repairing applications and/or modules; providing user support.
- Participating in execution and documentation of tests.
- Documenting possible improvements; identifying disruptions in the processes.
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity.
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Be an advocate of automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and use experiences to support the teams in these areas also.
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles practiced at Edanz Development team.
Skills and Experiences required
- 4+ years of proven recent experience on building internet applications using PHP within an Agile environment with following skills
- Test/Behavior driven software development.
- SQL and nosql databases. (MySQL required, MongoDB preferred)
- HTML5/CSS3 – advanced knowledge.
- Strong demonstrable experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design and accompanying design patterns with a commitment to Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of open source CMS and frameworks such as (Drupal and WordPress is required, others are advantages.)
- Experience of working with testing tools (e.g.: selenium) and frameworks (PHPUnit)
- Ability to work with Distributed Version Control Systems such as GIT (required)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, python) – preferred
- Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal). Adapts communication style for junior engineers, senior engineers and senior management alike.
- Proactive ‘self-starter’ attitude and A creative, innovative and inquisitive character.
- Willing to experiment with many ideas and showcase the output with peers and the wider teams.
- Lifelong learner – thrives from developing and sharing knowledge.
- Uncomfortable with repetition seeking automation in preference.