Work Location: Porto
Business Unit/Department: Platform Engineering team
- We are currently seeking a skilled Software Engineer to join the Platform Engineering team.
- Platform Engineering enables our product development teams by providing common infrastructure, tooling, and patterns. We design and implement generational updates and targeted extensions to the technology platform for the SaaS- product portfolio.
- Successful Platform Engineers have a blend of software development and cloud infrastructure skills. Platform Engineering collaborates closely with many functional areas, including Engineering, Architecture, Operations, and Security, with teams in North America and Europe. Our team drives the co-design of application and infrastructure architecture, with responsibility throughout the SDLC in areas such as development experience, application build, infrastructure provisioning, application deployment, and governance.
- You will apply an enablement mindset in serving our internal technology-platform users, and build relationships in a cross-functional, multi-time zone, distributed environment. You are a motivated active learner and will perform periodic deep dives to inform our designs and to troubleshoot issues. You will facilitate adoption of platform features and technologies across the product suite.
- Develop SaaS technology- platform applications, tools, libraries, and patterns
- Design and implement features throughout the SDLC
- Provision infrastructure via Terraform and Docker / Kubernetes
- Incorporate operational, security, and compliance requirements
- Discern, evaluate, and synthesize patterns and opportunities across the platform
- May be accountable for other results and activities as assigned
- Development of SaaS software on AWS cloud
- Programming: Java, JVM, SQL, Bash
- AWS: core services including EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, IAM
- Technologies: PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, Docker / Compose, Jenkins, Linux
- Secure software development practices
- Development of shared software libraries
- Orchestration: Kubernetes
- AWS: EKS, ECS, Elasticache, Lambda, EMR
- Infrastructure Automation: Terraform, CDK, Pulumi, Packer, Chef
- Technologies: Elasticsearch, Spark
- Programming: Python, Go
- Tech-savvy: anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Manages complexity: making sense of complex, high volume, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Communicates effectively: developing and delivering multi-mode communications that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Collaborates: building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Nimble learner: actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Porto