Experience – in CMS
Our client is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our client’s purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, they work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better-informed decisions. Our client is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
This role will be within the Transformation & Planning team, part of the Transformation Office. The team is focused on leading the transition of our client from a largely in-person events business to a more digitally focused organization. This role reports to the Director of Programs.
As a Programme Manager, you will work in a hands-on, Agile Scrum environment to enable the realisation of commercial outcomes throughout the product lifecycle. You will be:
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of complex commercial solutions, establishing, and controlling program constraints and scope as defined by the Transformation Office
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Portfolio Management and across portfolio stakeholders to create divisional program roadmaps
- Manage risks and issues and take corrective measures to mitigate
- Work closely with divisional stakeholders to define program benefits
- Manage stakeholder communications
- Manage cross-program interdependencies and deliverables to drive program outcomes
- Develop and maintain effective and proactive relationships with all customers including suppliers and third parties
- Report progress at regular intervals to the sponsor and use the relevant practices defined by the Transformation & Planning Office
- Proven ability in delivering global programs that build capability and drive performance
- Significant experience of working as a Program Manager to deliver transformation activity in a complex environment
- Experience in supporting change in a global, matrix environment, persuading and influencing key stakeholders
- Ability to understand keenly the challenges faced by business functions and work seamlessly across different groups to drive business planning and execution
- Comfortable moving between the tactical and strategic
- Significant experience in managing budgets and resource allocation
- Experience working with and leading distributed teams
- Experience working with technology-driven business transformation initiatives
- Self-directed, with a demonstrated ability to execute principles beyond formal training
- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-added and outcome driven practices to a team
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Strong conflict-resolution skills. Must be able to facilitate and mediate team differences to achieve positive outcomes.