The area of training and skill development has undergone tremendous changes in this digital era. Every corporation is in favour of honing their employees’ skill sets to meet their respective business goals. When learning becomes effective and immersive then employees can apply this insight on a day-to-day basis to their roles thereby improving their careers as well as company outcomes. Adaptive learning is the path to achieve this milestone.
Compared to the traditional means of training, adaptive learning makes the usage of emerging technological advancements such as AI algorithms, gamifications, simulations, etc. to offer learners the component of interactivity. Continuous feedback, accessibility on smart devices, and learning on the go are other features which makes this technique stand out and adaptable especially in a corporate scenery. It does not rely on the one size fits all approach which is prevalent in classroom training. Instead, allows the instructors and trainers to offer content which is optimized for each learner considering their weaknesses, patterns of engagement, and strengths. Adaptive learning is a thorough combination of predictive analysis, cognitive science, and educational theory which makes it an ideal choice for today’s growing needs of corporate training. Let’s understand how it revolutionizes this sector.
- Optimizes learning efficiency and prevents time off job:
A regular classroom training session takes a longer duration of time to wrap up. It becomes tedious to assess the employees post training as well. However, adaptive learning cuts short this entire process. It provides a personalized approach for each learner It prevents repetition of exercises which they already know and instead focuses on modules which are needed to be mastered by these individual employees. They do not need to spend extra hours of work while undergoing training.
- Enhances competency which improves outcomes: At this cut-throat competitive business age, the focus on identifying and closing skill gaps among individual employees is extremely important. Sometimes they are unaware of the vital career knowledge which can prove to be detrimental to the company in the long run. So addressing this competency level via adaptive learning can increase corporate revenues, safety, and customer satisfaction. This learning technique relies on AI models which identifies the ideal training module for the employee as well as his learning behaviour.
- Collates learner-specific data with a question-based approach collates learner:
Adaptive learning utilizes a question-based approach which scrutinizes what the learner knows and which areas they require training. This process results in the creation of learner profiles thereby making it easier to analyze an employee groups’ performance as a whole, in certain areas, as well as in specific corporate situations. Additionally, adaptive learning also keeps track of what the employees have learnt which makes it simple to modify or update the training material without redundancy.
- Personalizes the mode of training for a diverse employee group: Within a particular department, the employees are generally diverse based on age, experience, education background, etc. It is a tough job to train all these different individuals effectively due to their distinctive learning patterns. Adaptive learning technique breaks down this barrier by creating a unique learning path which offers every employee be it experts or novices to learn and master concepts that are relevant to them.
- Updates training modules with ease as and when required:
Traditional training methods often fail to deliver updated information especially in scenarios where the industry insights undergo subsequent changes within a short duration. Hence it becomes difficult for employees who have undergone these training sessions recently to stay enlightened with the latest knowledge. This problem can be solved with adaptive learning where the content can be easily updated by the administrators or instructors whenever it is required. It also notifies the learner who has finished the specific course about the latest changes so that he/she can make themselves acquainted with these updates.
Measuring the result of corporate training sessions is very difficult. However, in this aspect also adaptive learning has its perks. The combination of merging learning objectives to business outcomes, along with clearly defined assessment procedures provides the company’s decision makers to measure tangible change in the workforce. The scope of adaptive learning is growing exponentially as it offers continuous learning across different industry verticals.
5 Factors to Consider when Choosing The eLearning Technology Partner for Your Organization
Strategic outsourcing of specialized learning solutions and services such as cognitive learning and courseware development technologies are common across various business verticals. When...
How to Increase Efficiency in Publishing Workflows Using AI Services Powered by Impelsys SSAM.ai
The modern publishing industry is gradually adopting automation tools powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and NLP-based algorithms to cost-effectively solve the challenges they...
Importance of Bridging Human Expertise with Artificial Intelligence to Drive Accurate Metadata Tagging for Publishers
Technology innovations like digitization have led to monumental shifts in the functioning and growth of traditional industries. The publishing industry has realized this...