Adobe Flash once held sway over multimedia web platform, thanks to its ability to create a wide range of interactivities and animations. However, its usage gradually diminished due to the increasing use of authoring tools which acts as barrier to keep up with today’s technological advancements. With Adobe announcing the phasing out of Flash by the end of 2020 due to multitude of issues that have plagued Flash for years, it’s time to say goodbye. As the world has changed significantly due to smartphones and tablets taking over our professional environment, HTML5 has successfully succeeded Flash, as it resolves the issues that were being faced by the user who utilized Adobe Flash. It is rightfully said that HTML5 is the new Adobe Flash; in fact, it is much more, and smartest ones have already started to convert Flash to HTML5.
So, let’s wave Adobe Flash goodbye and get ready to convert from Flash to HTML5.
HTML5 to the Rescue
Still wondering how it replaces Flash?
HTML5 is the latest development of the open web standards & considered as the alternate to Flash Player which allows creating more powerful and diverse web platforms with sophisticated multimedia and immersive content viewing.
It has revolutionized the way HTML content is presented, with its various advanced features as well as the accessibility & versatility assured, HTML5 has become a highly stable & dependable alternative.
Advantages of HTML5
Business Benefits of Converting Flash to HTML5?
- Salvaging Exiting Organizational Investment: With effective Flash to HTML5 conversions, most of existing content – SWF videos, element, & website can be fairly converted into an HTML5 equivalent.
- Beef up Security of Online: Flash’s plugins hide greater risks and potential vulnerabilities however converting from Flash to HTML5 is a win-win strategy for the business and the audience as it provides better security against data breaches and cyber-attacks.
- Capitalizing the Improved Features: HTML5 provides access on multiple devices, learners have the flexibility to learn anytime & anywhere. HTML5 enables rich media mobile ads incorporated within the content resulting more qualified leads into the sales funnel.
- Future-ready Framework: HTML5 give an opportunity to update text, reuse the content, and replace or recreate Flash-based interactivities.
- Positive Effect on ROI: An easily accessible, user-friendly platform and rich in content differentiation boosts user experience and contributes to the growth of traffic and online conversions.
- Easy content update: Unlike flash, HTML5 content can be easily updated for textual or graphic updates. This resolves another long standing issue of having access to source files, specific skill sets etc. that were required for updating flash created content.
Flash-era is coming to an end and converting Flash to HTML5 has become an inevitable necessity for businesses worldwide. It is evident that the switch offers a lot of opportunities – both from a technical as well as a conceptual point of view and an opportunity for a general overhaul of existing solutions.
Being agile and adapting to the latest technology standards is no longer about innovation – it is the need of the hour! By adopting HTML5, it will facilitate speed, better accessibility, higher security as well as various opportunities for innovation. If you are still continuing with Flash, this is the right time to start converting from Flash to HTML5.
It’s your turn now! With the countdown to the end of 2020 ticking away, it is high time to make a decision!
For more details visit our website!
5 Factors to Consider when Choosing The eLearning Technology Partner for Your Organization
Strategic outsourcing of specialized learning solutions and services such as cognitive learning and courseware development technologies are common across various business verticals. When...
How to Increase Efficiency in Publishing Workflows Using AI Services Powered by Impelsys SSAM.ai
The modern publishing industry is gradually adopting automation tools powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and NLP-based algorithms to cost-effectively solve the challenges they...
Importance of Bridging Human Expertise with Artificial Intelligence to Drive Accurate Metadata Tagging for Publishers
Technology innovations like digitization have led to monumental shifts in the functioning and growth of traditional industries. The publishing industry has realized this...